He smells like a man... and he's viral
NEW YORK (AP) - July 16, 2010 -- In one of the largest viral video ad campaign ever launched, Old Spice is swarming YouTube.
The Procter & Gamble Co. brand released more than 180 videos featuring the campaign's star, ex-football player Isaiah Mustafa. In the videos, he responds personally to online queries or comments from various Web users and some famous ones, including Ellen DeGeneres and Alyssa Milano.
The videos, all of which feature Mustafa in a towel speaking directly to the camera, have been steadily released over the last few days. On Friday, they accounted for eight of the most popular 11 videos on YouTube and more than 21 million views in total. (YouTube's most popular videos).
The "Smell Like a Man" ad campaign for Old Spice was launched earlier this year by Portland, Ore.-based ad agency Wieden+Kennedy. The television spots have been popular and the first TV spot won a Cannes advertising festival award.
ellen degeneres, alyssa milano, isaiah mustafa, proctor & gamble, viral videos, business/finance
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids