Burger King agrees to buyout from 3G Capital
MIAMI - September 2, 2010 -- Burger King Holdings Inc. is selling itself to private equity firm 3G Capital in a deal worth $3.26 billion.
Thursday's $24-per-share offer comes after a day of speculation about the deal sent shares up more than 15 percent. The stock continued to make big gains Thursday in premarket trading.
Burger King has until mid-October to solicit better offers.
burger king, business/finance
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ