Burger King adds pancakes, biscuits at breakfast
MIAMI, FLORIDA - September 8, 2010 -- The move aims to steal some of McDonald's breakfast business.
Burger King is introducing nine new breakfast items including blueberry biscuits and pancake platters to broaden its breakfast menu.
The company also plans a major marketing campaign to boost its breakfast business.
Chief Marketing Officer Mike Kappitt says many people don't know that Burger King has breakfast, so that's why the company is making the big push.
Another new offering is iced coffee from Seattle's Best - again with an eye toward taking business from McDonald's.
Last week the nation's perennial No. 2 hamburger chain said it is selling itself to private equity firm 3G Capital in a deal valued at $3.26 billion.
burger king, food, business/finance
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 23 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 25 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 28 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 16 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 56 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber