Burger King adds pancakes, biscuits at breakfast
MIAMI, FLORIDA - September 8, 2010 -- The move aims to steal some of McDonald's breakfast business.
Burger King is introducing nine new breakfast items including blueberry biscuits and pancake platters to broaden its breakfast menu.
The company also plans a major marketing campaign to boost its breakfast business.
Chief Marketing Officer Mike Kappitt says many people don't know that Burger King has breakfast, so that's why the company is making the big push.
Another new offering is iced coffee from Seattle's Best - again with an eye toward taking business from McDonald's.
Last week the nation's perennial No. 2 hamburger chain said it is selling itself to private equity firm 3G Capital in a deal valued at $3.26 billion.
burger king, food, business/finance
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police