Volkswagen names GM veteran to lead US ops
NEW YORK - September 13, 2010 -- Volkswagen has named a former Ford and GM executive to lead the German automaker's ambitious growth plans in the U.S.
Volkswagen AG says Jonathan Browning will lead Volkswagen Group of America at a time when it aims to triple sales by 2018.
Volkswagen hired Browning in June to lead its national sales companies. Before that, he was a vice president at General Motors Co. He also was an executive at Ford Europe and global managing director of Jaguar.
Volkswagen's former U.S. chief, Stefan Jacoby (ste-FAHN ja-COH-bee), left in June to run Volvo.
Volkswagen's share of the U.S. auto market is less than 3 percent. A key test comes in October, when it releases a redesigned Jetta compact sedan.
volkswagen, general motors, business/finance
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 32 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 19 min ago