eBay executive steps down for personal reasons
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - September 21, 2010 -- One of eBay's top executives is stepping down, creating a void in the e-commerce company's largest division.
Lorrie Norrington, the president of eBay Marketplaces, is leaving for personal reasons, according to the company. EBay says it will look outside the company for her replacement.
Tuesday's announcement comes at a time when eBay has been trying to improve its website to lure and retain more shoppers.
Norrington had been running the division, which includes the auction service, since 2008. She joined eBay Inc. in 2005.
EBay credited Norrington for reducing its listing fees and making it easier for consumers to find top-rated merchants.
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 40 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos