Starbucks plans price increases on some drinks
SEATTLE (AP) -September 22, 2010 -- That tall frappuccino from Starbucks could soon cost a little more.
Raw coffee prices have been rising, and now the world's largest coffee chain says it will raise prices, too.
Starbucks says the price increases will be focused on big and labor-intensive drinks. Most of its basic coffee and espresso drink prices will stay the same.
Its announcement Wednesday also says it may raise prices of packaged coffee, including beans sold in grocery stores, in coming months.
Other coffee retailers have been raising prices, too. Starbucks says it has absorbed the higher prices until now, but the "extreme nature" of the coffee price increases means it needs to raise the prices customers pay.
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 33 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 1 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 5 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 12 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
5 min ago