Starbucks plans price increases on some drinks
SEATTLE (AP) -September 22, 2010 -- That tall frappuccino from Starbucks could soon cost a little more.
Raw coffee prices have been rising, and now the world's largest coffee chain says it will raise prices, too.
Starbucks says the price increases will be focused on big and labor-intensive drinks. Most of its basic coffee and espresso drink prices will stay the same.
Its announcement Wednesday also says it may raise prices of packaged coffee, including beans sold in grocery stores, in coming months.
Other coffee retailers have been raising prices, too. Starbucks says it has absorbed the higher prices until now, but the "extreme nature" of the coffee price increases means it needs to raise the prices customers pay.
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 33 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 25 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply