Starbucks plans price increases on some drinks
SEATTLE (AP) -September 22, 2010 -- That tall frappuccino from Starbucks could soon cost a little more.
Raw coffee prices have been rising, and now the world's largest coffee chain says it will raise prices, too.
Starbucks says the price increases will be focused on big and labor-intensive drinks. Most of its basic coffee and espresso drink prices will stay the same.
Its announcement Wednesday also says it may raise prices of packaged coffee, including beans sold in grocery stores, in coming months.
Other coffee retailers have been raising prices, too. Starbucks says it has absorbed the higher prices until now, but the "extreme nature" of the coffee price increases means it needs to raise the prices customers pay.
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 11 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 33 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 32 min ago
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
50 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
33 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
32 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
32 min ago