CNN fires it's US chief
NEW YORK (AP) - September 24, 2010 -- Struggling CNN has fired Jon Klein, the head of its U.S. network.
CNN Worldwide President Jim Walton said Friday that Klein is being replaced by Ken Jautz, who currently runs HLN. The former Headline News Network has been a success in recent years with a switch to an opinionated prime-time lineup.
Klein, a former CBS executive, has never been able to solve the puzzle of building a prime-time lineup competitive in the ratings.
CNN badly trails top-ranked Fox News Channel, and MSNBC's switch to a left-focused talk lineup at night has also left CNN behind.
The timing, however, is odd. Klein just remade CNN's prime-time lineup with an 8 p.m. show starring former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, which debuts next week, and announced Piers Morgan as the replacement to Larry King.
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 46 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 52 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 54 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 41 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
46 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
52 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
41 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
45 min ago