CNN fires it's US chief
NEW YORK (AP) - September 24, 2010 -- Struggling CNN has fired Jon Klein, the head of its U.S. network.
CNN Worldwide President Jim Walton said Friday that Klein is being replaced by Ken Jautz, who currently runs HLN. The former Headline News Network has been a success in recent years with a switch to an opinionated prime-time lineup.
Klein, a former CBS executive, has never been able to solve the puzzle of building a prime-time lineup competitive in the ratings.
CNN badly trails top-ranked Fox News Channel, and MSNBC's switch to a left-focused talk lineup at night has also left CNN behind.
The timing, however, is odd. Klein just remade CNN's prime-time lineup with an 8 p.m. show starring former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, which debuts next week, and announced Piers Morgan as the replacement to Larry King.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
44 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
31 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
28 min ago