American Airlines recalling 800 employees
LONDON (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- AMR Corp. Chief Executive Gerard Arpey says that American Airlines is recalling around 800 employees.
Arpey announced the recall as part of the launch of a new transatlantic business between AA, British Airways and Spanish airline Iberia on Wednesday.
Arpey says that the recall includes 250 pilots and around 550 flight attendants.
He says the closer ties with BA and Iberia had contributed to the American airline's ability to recall employees: "This is exactly the kind of growth we're looking for and my hope is that trends like this will continue."
american airlines, british airways, air travel, recall, business/finance
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)