American Airlines recalling 800 employees
LONDON (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- AMR Corp. Chief Executive Gerard Arpey says that American Airlines is recalling around 800 employees.
Arpey announced the recall as part of the launch of a new transatlantic business between AA, British Airways and Spanish airline Iberia on Wednesday.
Arpey says that the recall includes 250 pilots and around 550 flight attendants.
He says the closer ties with BA and Iberia had contributed to the American airline's ability to recall employees: "This is exactly the kind of growth we're looking for and my hope is that trends like this will continue."
american airlines, british airways, air travel, recall, business/finance
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 7 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 25 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 32 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 3 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 29 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 36 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 11 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 20 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 31 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
3 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos