American Airlines recalling 800 employees
LONDON (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- AMR Corp. Chief Executive Gerard Arpey says that American Airlines is recalling around 800 employees.
Arpey announced the recall as part of the launch of a new transatlantic business between AA, British Airways and Spanish airline Iberia on Wednesday.
Arpey says that the recall includes 250 pilots and around 550 flight attendants.
He says the closer ties with BA and Iberia had contributed to the American airline's ability to recall employees: "This is exactly the kind of growth we're looking for and my hope is that trends like this will continue."
american airlines, british airways, air travel, recall, business/finance
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 30 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 33 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 26 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 28 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 24 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
33 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
30 min ago
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
28 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
26 min ago