Kohl's boosts holiday hiring by 21 percent in 2010
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Kohl's Corp. is increasing its holiday hiring this season by 21 percent, another major retailer to boost its employee count this winter.
The department store chain says it expects to hire more than 40,000 people this season, up from 33,000 last year.
It plans to hire an average of 35 employees per store at 1,089 stores.
Kohl's also expects to hire 2,200 people at distribution centers and 60 people at credit operations.
The Menomonee Falls, Wis., company says seasonal workers can work from a few hours to more than 20 per week.
Hiring has begun and most jobs will be filled by mid-November. Macy's, Toys R Us, Pier 1, and others plan to hire more temporary holiday workers this year than last, emboldened by months of sales gains.
kohls, employment, holidays, shopping, business/finance
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 44 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
57 min ago