Kohl's boosts holiday hiring by 21 percent in 2010
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Kohl's Corp. is increasing its holiday hiring this season by 21 percent, another major retailer to boost its employee count this winter.
The department store chain says it expects to hire more than 40,000 people this season, up from 33,000 last year.
It plans to hire an average of 35 employees per store at 1,089 stores.
Kohl's also expects to hire 2,200 people at distribution centers and 60 people at credit operations.
The Menomonee Falls, Wis., company says seasonal workers can work from a few hours to more than 20 per week.
Hiring has begun and most jobs will be filled by mid-November. Macy's, Toys R Us, Pier 1, and others plan to hire more temporary holiday workers this year than last, emboldened by months of sales gains.
kohls, employment, holidays, shopping, business/finance
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 16 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
16 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos