GAP-lash: Customers react to clothier's new logo
October 8, 2010 -- Sometimes change is not good.
The Gap introduced a new logo earlier this week -- going from the iconic white lettering on a blue background to black lettering with a little blue square in the upper right hand corner.
And the reaction has been lukewarm with customers lashing out on the company's Facebook and Twitter pages.
One said the new logo makes the brand look "cheap and unappealing".
Another said "Really disgusting PR ploy, Gap."
On it's Facebook page GAP is now asking fans to share their ideas about the logo stating, "We love our version, but we'd like to see other ideas."
shopping, retail sales, business/finance
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 7 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 35 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 50 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 3 min ago
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 45 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
45 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
50 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
35 min ago