Gap is back to blue.
NEW YORK CITY- October 12, 2010 -- Gap's logo back to blue after fans gripe about new logo.
The casualwear chain will keep its decades-old white-on-navy blue logo after all.
The move comes just one week after swapping it online for a new logo that irritated fans.
Gap North America president Marka Hansen says Gap realized how much people liked the old logo.
She also says Gap didn't go about the change correctly because it missed a chance to have shoppers offer input until it was too late.
Last week, Gap swapped in the new logo - a white background with black letters and a little blue box - on its website.
Confused fans complained online, but the company said it would roll out the new logo in stores and advertising next month.
retail sales, business/finance
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 43 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
16 min ago