Gap is back to blue.
NEW YORK CITY- October 12, 2010 -- Gap's logo back to blue after fans gripe about new logo.
The casualwear chain will keep its decades-old white-on-navy blue logo after all.
The move comes just one week after swapping it online for a new logo that irritated fans.
Gap North America president Marka Hansen says Gap realized how much people liked the old logo.
She also says Gap didn't go about the change correctly because it missed a chance to have shoppers offer input until it was too late.
Last week, Gap swapped in the new logo - a white background with black letters and a little blue box - on its website.
Confused fans complained online, but the company said it would roll out the new logo in stores and advertising next month.
retail sales, business/finance
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 12 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 28 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 54 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
28 min ago