Gap is back to blue.
NEW YORK CITY- October 12, 2010 -- Gap's logo back to blue after fans gripe about new logo.
The casualwear chain will keep its decades-old white-on-navy blue logo after all.
The move comes just one week after swapping it online for a new logo that irritated fans.
Gap North America president Marka Hansen says Gap realized how much people liked the old logo.
She also says Gap didn't go about the change correctly because it missed a chance to have shoppers offer input until it was too late.
Last week, Gap swapped in the new logo - a white background with black letters and a little blue box - on its website.
Confused fans complained online, but the company said it would roll out the new logo in stores and advertising next month.
retail sales, business/finance
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 10 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 35 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 46 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 43 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 42 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 59 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 33 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
59 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
35 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
46 min ago