Chrysler to recall 26,000 vehicles for fluid leak
DETROIT (AP) - October 20, 2010 -- Chrysler is recalling about 26,000 cars and pickup trucks because power steering fluid can leak onto a hot engine and cause a fire.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the recall includes some 2010 models of the Chrysler 300 and Sebring, the Dodge Avenger, Challenger and Journey, and some 2011 Dodge Ram pickups.
NHTSA said Wednesday that a power steering hose assembly can separate at the crimped end and leak fluid onto the engine. Dealers will inspect the vehicles and replace the hoses for free.
Owners with questions can contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
chrysler, automobiles, recall, business/finance
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 11 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
11 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos