Chrysler recalls Jeep SUVS; GM recalls sedans
WASHINGTON (AP) - November 11, 2010 -- General Motors is recalling nearly 14,000 sedans to address potential problems with power steering. And Chrysler is recalling about 16,000 Jeep Liberty SUVs to fix faulty windshield wiper systems.
The U.S. automakers issued the separate recalls on Thursday. GM's recall involves certain 2010 and 2011 model year Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne sedans with V8 engines.
An alternator cable could wear through a power steering line, leading to a fluid leak that could cause a loss of power steering and lead to a crash.
Chrysler's recall involves certain 2008 model year Jeep Liberty SUVs. Water could get into the windshield wiper motor and stop the wipers. That could reduce a driver's visibility and lead to a crash.
chrysler, general motors, automobiles, recall, business/finance
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash