Amazon.com to hire thousands to fill orders
SEATTLE (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- Amazon.com is hiring more than 15,500 people to fill temporary holiday jobs at shipping centers around the country, more than last year.
The online retail giant said Friday it will hire more than 5,000 people in Phoenix and Goodyear, Ariz., and 4,000 in Pennsylvania at locations including Allentown, Hazelton and Lewisberry.
In Indiana, it will hire more than 2,500 people in Whitestown and Plainfield, and in Hebron, Ky. and Fernley, Nev., it will hire more than 2,000 people at each location.
The Seattle company says it is hiring more people this year but didn't say how much more.
Many retailers are increasing their hiring this season. Kohl's Corp., Macy's Inc., Toys R Us, Pier 1 Imports Inc., American Eagle Outfitters Inc. and others plan to hire more temporary holiday workers.
employment, holidays, kohls, macy's, business/finance
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 39 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
4 min ago