Wal-Mart expands hours for Black Friday
NEW YORK (AP) - November 15, 2010 -- Wal-Mart says most of its stores will be open at midnight on the day after Thanksgiving. It's latest retailer to expand its hours to lure in shoppers who want to get a head-start on holiday bargain shopping.
It also is offering shoppers a sneak preview of the deals it will offer, from laptops to jeans.
As of Oct. 31, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. operated 3,792 Walmart stores, of which 2,882 are supercenters.
The company's super centers are typically open around the clock. But the rest of its stores previously opened at 5 a.m the day after Thanksgiving.
Toys R Us announced last week that it open its stores at 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
toys r us, walmart, holidays, shopping, business/finance
- Big fire burning beach homes in Sea Isle City 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City 7 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 2 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
1 min ago