Apple sells 450K Beatles albums, 2M songs so far
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- Apple says people snapped up more than 450,000 copies of Beatles albums plus two million individual songs during the Fab Four's first week on sale through iTunes.
Apple Inc. says the best-selling Beatles album in the U.S. is "Abbey Road," and the best-selling individual track is "Here Comes the Sun." The Beatles Box Set, which costs $149, is No. 10 on Apple's weekly iTunes top-10 list.
The Beatles' music went on sale on iTunes on Nov. 16. Until then, the biggest-selling, most influential group in rock history has been glaringly absent from iTunes and other legal online music services.
Apple struck an agreement after on-and-off negotiations with the Beatles' recording label, EMI Group, and their management company, Apple Corps.
beatles, apple, business/finance
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 11 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 34 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 22 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 1 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 35 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
40 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
49 min ago