Visa suspends all payments to WikiLeaks
LONDON (AP) - December 7, 2010 -- Visa says it has suspended all payments to WikiLeaks pending an investigation of the organization's business.
Visa's decision is a powerful blow to the loosely knit organization, which relies on online donations to fund its operations.
Popular online payment company PayPal, Inc. has already severed its links with WikiLeaks. Visa's decision to pull the plug on WikiLeaks leaves the website with one fewer source of revenue.
Swiss authorities closed Assange's new Swiss bank account Monday.
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla. tornado 34 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 27 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Edgemoor dumpster explosion leaves 1 critical 18 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished 42 min ago
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel 52 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute 40 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 dead, including 20 children, in Okla....
34 min ago