Pfizer recalls more bottles of Lipitor over odor
NEW YORK (AP) - December 21, 2010 -- Pfizer is recalling a lot of 19,000 bottles of the blockbuster cholesterol drug Lipitor, citing a consumer complaint about an "uncharacteristic" odor.
The latest announcement marks the fourth such recall since August over similar issues. Pfizer says the bottles were supplied by an outside manufacturer, though it did not identify the party.
It also says health consequences appear to be minimal.
The New York company made changes in August in a move to fix the problem and said the lot currently being recalled was shipped before those changes were made. Additional recalls may be necessary for other batches of Lipitor in bottles made by the supplier that were shipped before August.
pfizer, recall, business/finance
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 50 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 49 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 14 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 30 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
31 min ago