American Airlines pulls fares from Orbitz
December 22, 2010 -- American Airlines says it will no longer sell tickets on the Orbitz travel website, effective immediately.
The announcement by the nation's third-largest airline came on Tuesday after a judge in Chicago said he would not block American from pulling its flight information off of Orbitz.
The airline said its tickets sold previously on Orbitz are still valid.
And American Airlines tickets can still be bought at the airline's own website as well as other travel websites.
American is a unit of AMR Corp.
Orbitz is run by Orbitz Worldwide Inc.
American also said it would not sell tickets through the Orbitz for Business website.
american airlines, travel, business/finance
- London theater partially collapses during performance 3 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 20 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
8 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos