Comcast to offer live streaming on tablets
NEW YORK (AP) - January 5, 2011 -- Comcast says it will offer both live and on-demand streaming of TV shows, movies and other video on tablets later this year.
Comcast Corp. said Wednesday its subscribers will be able to stream content they would normally watch on TV live over the Internet to iPads and Android tablets.
This service will only be available in subscribers' homes.
The company is also making a select number of popular TV shows and movies available for streaming any time through its its Xfinity TV iPad app. The app will work anywhere there is a wireless connection. Initially, this will include about 3,000 hours of content.
Comcast says it will also bring that service to Android devices later this year.
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 23 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 4 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back