Comcast to offer live streaming on tablets
NEW YORK (AP) - January 5, 2011 -- Comcast says it will offer both live and on-demand streaming of TV shows, movies and other video on tablets later this year.
Comcast Corp. said Wednesday its subscribers will be able to stream content they would normally watch on TV live over the Internet to iPads and Android tablets.
This service will only be available in subscribers' homes.
The company is also making a select number of popular TV shows and movies available for streaming any time through its its Xfinity TV iPad app. The app will work anywhere there is a wireless connection. Initially, this will include about 3,000 hours of content.
Comcast says it will also bring that service to Android devices later this year.
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 17 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 54 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 32 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 58 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 27 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 17 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
17 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
12 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
32 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
58 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos