Comcast to offer live streaming on tablets
NEW YORK (AP) - January 5, 2011 -- Comcast says it will offer both live and on-demand streaming of TV shows, movies and other video on tablets later this year.
Comcast Corp. said Wednesday its subscribers will be able to stream content they would normally watch on TV live over the Internet to iPads and Android tablets.
This service will only be available in subscribers' homes.
The company is also making a select number of popular TV shows and movies available for streaming any time through its its Xfinity TV iPad app. The app will work anywhere there is a wireless connection. Initially, this will include about 3,000 hours of content.
Comcast says it will also bring that service to Android devices later this year.
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 21 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 31 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 30 min ago