AT&T to start selling iPhone 3GS for $49
DALLAS (AP) - January 6, 2011 -- AT&T Inc. will start selling the previous-generation iPhone - the iPhone 3GS - for $49 starting Friday to customers who buy the smart phone with a two-year service contract and data plan.
The wireless company, which is the exclusive U.S. carrier for the iPhone, made the announcement Thursday. AT&T said it will include iPhone 3GS devices sold through AT&T and Apple.
The iPhone 3GS was released by Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple Inc. in 2009 and had been sold for $99 by AT&T and Apple since the release of the iPhone 4 last June. It can use the same iOS4 software as the iPhone 4.
AT&T, which is based in Dallas, is currently selling refurbished iPhone 3GS' on its website for as low as $49.
at&t, apple, iphone, business/finance
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 10 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 42 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Drug dealers targeted in Collingdale sweep
46 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV...
34 min ago