AT&T to start selling iPhone 3GS for $49
DALLAS (AP) - January 6, 2011 -- AT&T Inc. will start selling the previous-generation iPhone - the iPhone 3GS - for $49 starting Friday to customers who buy the smart phone with a two-year service contract and data plan.
The wireless company, which is the exclusive U.S. carrier for the iPhone, made the announcement Thursday. AT&T said it will include iPhone 3GS devices sold through AT&T and Apple.
The iPhone 3GS was released by Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple Inc. in 2009 and had been sold for $99 by AT&T and Apple since the release of the iPhone 4 last June. It can use the same iOS4 software as the iPhone 4.
AT&T, which is based in Dallas, is currently selling refurbished iPhone 3GS' on its website for as low as $49.
at&t, apple, iphone, business/finance
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose