Verizon unveils pricing details for iPhone service
NEW YORK (AP) - February 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Verizon Wireless is revealing details of how much it will charge iPhone users for voice, text and data service.
The company will begin taking preorders for Apple Inc.'s smart phone on Thursday. Verizon says a basic voice plan including 450 minutes per month will cost $40.
A voice and text plan including unlimited text messages will start at $60 per month. And a separate data plan for getting e-mail and the Web will cost $30 per month.
Verizon says customers will also be able to use the iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot for an extra $20 per month.
The company is setting aside a limited number of iPhones for those who already subscribe to Verizon. It will begin taking preorders from existing customers at 3 a.m. on Thursday.
apple, verizon, iphone, business/finance
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 30 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 10 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar