US Airways raises overweight bag fees
TEMPE, ARIZONA - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- U.S. Airways Group Inc. is raising the fee to check heavy luggage on its domestic flights to an extra $90 each.
The old fee was $50.
That's on top of the $25 to check a first bag and $35 for a second bag, which are not changing.
The higher fees for bags over 50 pounds began for tickets bought after Feb. 1.
U.S. Airways says it's raising the fees to the same levels charged by other airlines.
It also raised fees on bags between 71 and 100 pounds.
Most airlines charge higher fees for luggage over 50 pounds.
Spirit Airlines, a small carrier that focuses on vacation passengers, recently began charging extra for bags above 40 pounds.
air fare, air travel, airline security, business/finance
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 24 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 33 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 51 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos