Home Depot to add more than 60,000 seasonal jobs
ATLANTA (AP) - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Home Depot Inc. will hire more than 60,000 seasonal workers to help with its busy spring season.
The world's biggest home improvement retailer says it will fill the positions before its second annual Spring Black Friday promotion.
"Spring is our Christmas and traffic is at its highest during this season," Craig Menear, executive vice president for merchandising, said in a statement Tuesday.
The workers, who will be hired and trained in February and March, will be in every market. Home Depot currently has more than 300,000 employees.
The Atlanta company said it will also add some permanent part-time and full-time jobs this year, but did not specify how many.
home depot, employment, business/finance
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 14 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
3 min ago