Home Depot to add more than 60,000 seasonal jobs
ATLANTA (AP) - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Home Depot Inc. will hire more than 60,000 seasonal workers to help with its busy spring season.
The world's biggest home improvement retailer says it will fill the positions before its second annual Spring Black Friday promotion.
"Spring is our Christmas and traffic is at its highest during this season," Craig Menear, executive vice president for merchandising, said in a statement Tuesday.
The workers, who will be hired and trained in February and March, will be in every market. Home Depot currently has more than 300,000 employees.
The Atlanta company said it will also add some permanent part-time and full-time jobs this year, but did not specify how many.
home depot, employment, business/finance
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 26 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 58 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV...
50 min ago