Starbucks brews up single-cup coffee deal
DATELINE (WPVI) -- Starbucks Corp. has brewed up a single-serve coffee deal.
The company says it will provide coffee for Courtesy Products' coffee systems in up to 500,000 hotel rooms across the country beginning this fall.
Starbucks and Courtesy did not disclose the value of the deal. It is a major step by the world's biggest coffee company into the fast-growing single-cup coffee market.
The deal follows reports over the weekend that Starbucks was talking with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters to provide coffee for its popular Keurig Brewing system.
Starbucks is looking to expand in the segment as it ends its distribution agreement with Kraft Foods Inc., under which Starbucks provides coffee discs for Kraft Foods' Tassimo one-cup brewer. Kraft also distributes the coffee giant's products to retailers.
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 49 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor