Continental recalling tires used on Ford trucks
WASHINGTON (AP) - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Continental Tire says it will recall 390,000 truck tires, most of which are used as original tires on 2008-2009 Ford F-250 and F-350 trucks.
Continental says about 330,000 of the tires were used on new Ford trucks while the rest were sold as replacement tires. The company says there was a fatal crash involving the tires in January 2011.
Some of the tires could experience uneven wear, vibration or separation between the belt edges in cases where the truck is overloaded or underinflated.
The recalled tires are LT275/70R18 125/122S with outline white letters and black sidewall and ContiTrac size LT275/70R18 125/122S with black sidewall produced between May 2007 and September 2008. The tires will be replaced free of charge.
Owners can call (888) 799-2168 for more information.
general motors, automobiles, recall, business/finance
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 55 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 14 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
28 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos