Apple files suit against Samsung
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - April 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. has sued Samsung Electronics Co., saying the South Korean company's Galaxy line of smartphones and tablet computers copy Apple's popular iPad and iPhone.
In a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court, Apple alleges the product design, user interface and packaging of the Galaxy products "slavishly copy" Apple.
Cupertino-based Apple is seeking an order barring Samsung from infringing on a variety of its patents and trademarks, as well as unspecified damages.
A Samsung spokesman says the company's products are the result of its own research and development. He says Samsung plans to defend itself against Apple's lawsuit.
apple, ipad, iphone, business/finance
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 25 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 42 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar