Apple files suit against Samsung
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - April 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Apple Inc. has sued Samsung Electronics Co., saying the South Korean company's Galaxy line of smartphones and tablet computers copy Apple's popular iPad and iPhone.
In a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court, Apple alleges the product design, user interface and packaging of the Galaxy products "slavishly copy" Apple.
Cupertino-based Apple is seeking an order barring Samsung from infringing on a variety of its patents and trademarks, as well as unspecified damages.
A Samsung spokesman says the company's products are the result of its own research and development. He says Samsung plans to defend itself against Apple's lawsuit.
apple, ipad, iphone, business/finance
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 52 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!