Campbell Soup 3Q profit rises 11 percent
NEW YORK - May 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Campbell Soup says its fiscal third quarter earnings rose 11 percent as sales increases in its snack, food service and international businesses offset a decline in its core U.S. soup, sauce and beverage division.
The earnings beat Wall Street expectations. Its shares rose 27 cents to $35.51 in pre-market trading.
The Camden, N.J. company said Monday that its net income rose to $187 million, or 57 cents per share, compared with $168 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
It says revenue edged up to $1.81 billion. But sales in its U.S. soup, sauce and beverage unit fell 8 percent.
Analysts expected earnings of 52 cents a share on revenue of $1.81 billion.
For the fiscal year ending in July, Campbell Soup expects revenue to be up 3 to 5 percent, up from a previous estimate of between 2 and 4 percent growth.
new jersey, camden, campbell's soup, business/finance
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 29 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 4 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 51 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 25 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
29 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
4 min ago