Facebook hires former Clinton press secretary
NEW YORK - June 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Facebook has hired Joe Lockhart, who served as press secretary during President Bill Clinton's second term, as vice president of global communications.
The 51-year-old Lockhart will start on July 15 in his new post. He will move to California from Washington, D.C.
Facebook, the world's largest online social network, has been padding its ranks with Washington insiders as it grows. Recently the company hired two aides of former President George W. Bush as lobbyists.
Lockhart has also worked as a TV journalist on CNN, NBC News and Sky Television of London. He founded Glover Park Group, a communications firm.
At Facebook, he will report to Elliot Schrage, vice president of global communications, marketing and public policy.
new york, washington, d.c., facebook, bill clinton, business/finance
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 42 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act