Facebook hires former Clinton press secretary
NEW YORK - June 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Facebook has hired Joe Lockhart, who served as press secretary during President Bill Clinton's second term, as vice president of global communications.
The 51-year-old Lockhart will start on July 15 in his new post. He will move to California from Washington, D.C.
Facebook, the world's largest online social network, has been padding its ranks with Washington insiders as it grows. Recently the company hired two aides of former President George W. Bush as lobbyists.
Lockhart has also worked as a TV journalist on CNN, NBC News and Sky Television of London. He founded Glover Park Group, a communications firm.
At Facebook, he will report to Elliot Schrage, vice president of global communications, marketing and public policy.
new york, washington, d.c., facebook, bill clinton, business/finance
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 35 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish