NYC area Macy's workers reach tentative agreement
NEW YORK - June 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Macy's and the union representing workers at its flagship Manhattan store and three other New York locations have reached a tentative contract agreement following all-night negotiations.
The union and Macy's announced that the five-year pact was reached Thursday morning.
It must still be ratified by the more than 4,000 workers with Local 1-s of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.
On Monday, the workers had voted to strike if a new contract was not reached by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.
The other stores are in the Bronx, Queens and Westchester County.
new york city, macy's, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 37 min ago
- Milder Monday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 37 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 4 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 9 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 37 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
37 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
4 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
15 min ago
- Milder Monday
7 min ago