Toyota to recall 82,200 vehicles in the US
TOKYO (AP) - June 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Toyota Motor Corp. says it will recall 82,200 hybrid vehicles in the U.S. due to computer boards with possibly faulty wiring.
The company's U.S. subsidiary said Wednesday it will conduct a safety recall that involves some Highlander and Lexus brand hybrid SUVs from its 2006 and 2007 lines.
Toyota said the recall covers just the vehicles sold in the U.S., and other models are not affected.
The car giant said in a press release that soldering in a control board in the vehicles' hybrid system is inadequate and could be damaged during high-load driving.
Toyota was recovering from recalls that eventually reached 14 million vehicles worldwide, when it was hit by production disruptions from parts shortages due to the massive earthquake that struck Japan in March.
toyota, recall, automobiles, business/finance
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 25 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 29 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
25 min ago
- Pranksters fake kidnapping of little boy
20 min ago