Borders begins liquidation sales at all stores
NEW YORK - July 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Borders Group is beginning liquidation sales at all of its 399 stores.
A liquidation company that is part of the process said late Thursday that the sales will be held starting Friday at all 259 Borders superstores, 114 Borders Express and Waldenbooks, and 26 Borders airport stores.
Gordon Brothers Group, part of a group of liquidators leading the sales, says more than $700 million of the company's inventory, including books, stationery, music and movies will be sold.
Store fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including shelving and, in some cases, cafDe equipment, will also be sold off.
Some stores may remain open as Books-A-Million stores. That chain is bidding for leases and assets of 30 Borders stores.
new york, bankruptcy, business/finance
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 59 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos