Borders begins liquidation sales at all stores
NEW YORK - July 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Borders Group is beginning liquidation sales at all of its 399 stores.
A liquidation company that is part of the process said late Thursday that the sales will be held starting Friday at all 259 Borders superstores, 114 Borders Express and Waldenbooks, and 26 Borders airport stores.
Gordon Brothers Group, part of a group of liquidators leading the sales, says more than $700 million of the company's inventory, including books, stationery, music and movies will be sold.
Store fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including shelving and, in some cases, cafDe equipment, will also be sold off.
Some stores may remain open as Books-A-Million stores. That chain is bidding for leases and assets of 30 Borders stores.
new york, bankruptcy, business/finance
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 3 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying 36 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
3 min ago