Borders begins liquidation sales at all stores
NEW YORK (AP) - July 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Borders Group is beginning liquidation sales at all of its 399 stores.
A liquidation company that is part of the process said late Thursday that the sales will be held starting Friday at all 259 Borders superstores, 114 Borders Express and Waldenbooks, and 26 Borders airport stores.
Gordon Brothers Group, part of a group of liquidators leading the sales, says more than $700 million of the company's inventory, including books, stationery, music and movies will be sold.
Store fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including shelving and, in some cases, cafe equipment, will also be sold off.
Some stores may remain open as Books-A-Million stores. That chain is bidding for leases and assets of 30 Borders stores.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 29 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 59 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 16 min ago