Southwest dropping Pittsburgh to Philly flights
IMPERIAL, Pa. (AP) - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Southwest Airlines will eliminate all four daily flights from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia by January.
The airline is making the changes to coordinate its schedule with AirTran Airways, which Southwest bought for $3.2 billion in May. AirTran doesn't currently offer flights between the two cities, though it does offer flights to other destinations from Pittsburgh International Airport and Philadelphia International Airport.
Southwest will begin eliminating the Philadelphia flights in November and all four will be discontinued by Jan. 8.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, pittsburgh, southwest airlines, business/finance
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 4 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 3 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 51 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar