GM to recall some Impala and LaCrosse models
DETROIT (AP) - August 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- General Motors is recalling some 2012 Chevrolet Impala and Buick LaCrosse models to fix safety problems.
GM says 11,915 Impalas are being recalled in the U.S. and Canada because a power steering fluid hose gets too close to the catalytic converter. The hose can melt, and fluid can leak and start a fire.
GM said Friday that it knows of no complaints or injuries. The large sedans were built from April 19 through July 29.
GM also is recalling 4,293 LaCrosse sedans in the U.S. and Canada to fix software that runs a computer that controls the brakes. The software may not detect a malfunctioning sensor. If the sensor fails it could change the way the car handles and cause a crash.
GM says no crashes have been reported.
general motors, automobiles, recall, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 2 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 29 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 23 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 21 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 41 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
23 min ago