Kraft cutting US coffee prices by about 6 percent
NEW YORK (AP) - August 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kraft is lowering coffee prices in the U.S. by about 6 percent, one week after Smucker announced a similar move.
Kraft Foods Inc. said Tuesday that the price reduction covers its Maxwell House and Yuban brands and excludes Gevalia, Tassimo and the Maxwell House International line of specialty soluble beverages.
The Kraft price cut translates to 20 cents per pound on roast and ground coffees and 2 cents per ounce on instant coffees. The cut is partly the result of lower prices for coffee beans.
Smucker's price cut, also by about 6 percent, primarily affects its Folgers, Dunkin' Donuts and Folgers Gourmet Selections lines.
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete 52 min ago
- Steamy Situation 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 45 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied 22 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 49 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 13 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 17 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
52 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
25 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend,...
49 min ago