Kraft cutting US coffee prices by about 6 percent
NEW YORK (AP) - August 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kraft is lowering coffee prices in the U.S. by about 6 percent, one week after Smucker announced a similar move.
Kraft Foods Inc. said Tuesday that the price reduction covers its Maxwell House and Yuban brands and excludes Gevalia, Tassimo and the Maxwell House International line of specialty soluble beverages.
The Kraft price cut translates to 20 cents per pound on roast and ground coffees and 2 cents per ounce on instant coffees. The cut is partly the result of lower prices for coffee beans.
Smucker's price cut, also by about 6 percent, primarily affects its Folgers, Dunkin' Donuts and Folgers Gourmet Selections lines.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ