CNN gets more personal, buys iPad magazine Zite
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - August 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- CNN has acquired Zite, a personalized digital magazine for the iPad tablet computer.
Zite learns about its readers' tastes and tries to appeal to them with a package selected from hundreds of different websites.
CNN, a cable news channel owned by Time Warner Inc., has no plans to change Zite's format. The technology may be used to help CNN customize its news on the iPad and other mobile devices.
Financial terms of the deal announced Tuesday weren't disclosed.
Zite, which is based in San Francisco, started a specialty search engine called Worio six years ago. Its magazine for the iPad came out five months ago.
cnn, ipad, business/finance
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 7 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 21 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
26 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos