Miss America, 2 firms will market and rebrand
LINWOOD, N.J. (AP) - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Miss America is getting a makeover. The Miss America organization is partnering with two companies, Infinity Lifestyle Brands and Hilco Consumer Capital, for licensing, sponsorship and brand creation for the 90-year-old pageant.
A new entity, Miss America Properties, will create a licensing-driven platform focused on partnerships with leading American companies including fashion, media, lifestyle products and events.
Miss American CEO Art McMaster says the partnership will make the brand available to women around the world.
The 2012 Miss America will be crowned live from Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas Jan. 14 on ABC television.
miss america, las vegas, business/finance
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- Milder this afternoon 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs