Bank of America website experiences outage
NEW YORK - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Bank of America's homepage and online banking service are experiencing problems.
A message on the home page said the site was temporarily unavailable. Some visitors who tried to sign onto their accounts were greeted with the message that the site was "operating slower than usual" and that the bank was working to restore service.
A company spokeswoman said the problems began around 9:15 a.m. Friday, but that customers can still bank via text message and at ATMs. She said problems weren't the result of hacking.
The outage came a day after the bank said it would start charging a $5 monthly fee for debit card purchases.
bank of america, business/finance
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 28 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 41 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
28 min ago