Bank of America website experiences outage
NEW YORK - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Bank of America's homepage and online banking service are experiencing problems.
A message on the home page said the site was temporarily unavailable. Some visitors who tried to sign onto their accounts were greeted with the message that the site was "operating slower than usual" and that the bank was working to restore service.
A company spokeswoman said the problems began around 9:15 a.m. Friday, but that customers can still bank via text message and at ATMs. She said problems weren't the result of hacking.
The outage came a day after the bank said it would start charging a $5 monthly fee for debit card purchases.
bank of america, business/finance
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos