6at4 Business Report: Auto Sales, Star Bucks, Bank of America
October 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Some positive news from the auto industry after the latest sales figures were released, but it was another down day for the markets. It was another rough road for stocks today. That means we kicked off the fourth quarter the same way we ended the third quarter -- on a down note!
September Auto Sales Up
Better than expected today, September auto sales. GM, Ford and Chrysler all out with sales gains that were bigger than estimates. Up 20 percent at GM!
Bank of America Website Problems
Bank of America's having more problems with its website, which has been out on and off since Friday. Bank of America telling us the problem's heavy traffic, not hacking or technical.
Starbucks Helping Small Business
You know how Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has urged Congress to put politics aside to get the country focused on job creation? Now Starbucks is going to start collecting donations online and at some stores to help fund loans to small businesses in a program called "Create Jobs for USA" with a group called Opportunity Finance Network. Schultz told Bloomberg, "This is about Americans helping Americans. We're not going to wait for Washington."
6at4, stock market, economy, bank of america, starbucks, ford motor company, chrysler, general motors, business/finance
- Lots of clouds, damp today 49 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 14 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned 7 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
14 min ago