6at4 Business Report: Citibank, GM, Friendly's
Citibank is changing checking rules, and a restaurant chain is filing for bankruptcy.
Citibank Checking Fees
Get ready for higher fees on some Citibank checking accounts. Starting in December you must keep a minimum balance of $15,000 on a mid-teir checking account or incur a $20 monthly fee. Last month Citigroup increased fees on basic checking to $10 from $8 and that fee can be avoided if you keep a minimum balance of $1,500.
GM Car Sharing
General Motors is getting into a new business: short term rentals! The automaker is teaming up with Relay Rides, a car sharing marketplace, that'll allow millions of GM car owners with an OnStar communication system to make their cars available for rental by the hour or the day.
Friendly's restaurant files for bankruptcy and will close 63 locations. The 76-year old chain said the economy was just too challenging coupled with rising costs for cream and high rent. The company will be sold at an auction on December 1. After the sale, the company said they will emerge stronger and more competitive.
Locally, Friendly's is closing the Hamilton Plaza location in Trenton, N.J., and two locations in Pennsylvania: the Easton Rd., Doylestown location and the Coventry Mall, Pottstown location.
6at4, stock market, economy, citigroup, general motors, business/finance
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 42 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos