6at4 Business Report: Steve Jobs Biography
October 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steve Jobs' passing pushes up the release of his biography, plus new home ownership numbers.
Home Ownership Rate
New U.S. Census data released today shows the homeownership rate in the U.S. last year was the second highest on record, behind only 2000. But even though, more of us own homes....there was a 1.1% drop in homeownership and that was the biggest drop since The Great Depression.
September Retail Sales
Here's some good news for the economy. September retail sales were better than expected as promotions drove shoppers to stores. Target and Victoria's Secret owner The Limited saw the biggest increases. JC Penney cut its profit forecast after September sales were below expectations.
Steve Jobs Biography
Since the world found out of Steve Jobs' passing, people are racing to get their hands on the Apple co-founder's biography. Pre-orders for the book have soared the authorized biography was slated to come out in late November but publisher Simon & Schuster decided to move up the release date to October 24 after he passed away yesterday. The book is already the best-selling title on amazon.com and includes extensive interviews with Jobs.
6at4, stock market, economy, steve jobs, apple, business/finance
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 55 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Pedestrian struck by car in Milford, Del. gets cited
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
55 min ago