6at4 Business Report: Steve Jobs Biography
October 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steve Jobs' passing pushes up the release of his biography, plus new home ownership numbers.
Home Ownership Rate
New U.S. Census data released today shows the homeownership rate in the U.S. last year was the second highest on record, behind only 2000. But even though, more of us own homes....there was a 1.1% drop in homeownership and that was the biggest drop since The Great Depression.
September Retail Sales
Here's some good news for the economy. September retail sales were better than expected as promotions drove shoppers to stores. Target and Victoria's Secret owner The Limited saw the biggest increases. JC Penney cut its profit forecast after September sales were below expectations.
Steve Jobs Biography
Since the world found out of Steve Jobs' passing, people are racing to get their hands on the Apple co-founder's biography. Pre-orders for the book have soared the authorized biography was slated to come out in late November but publisher Simon & Schuster decided to move up the release date to October 24 after he passed away yesterday. The book is already the best-selling title on amazon.com and includes extensive interviews with Jobs.
6at4, stock market, economy, steve jobs, apple, business/finance
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos