BlackBerry maker says service fully restored
NEW YORK (AP) - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Research In Motion, the maker of the BlackBerry phones, says service has been fully restored after a three-day outage.
Mike Lazaridis, the co-CEO of the company, told reporters Thursday morning that the backlog of messages that had clogged systems since Monday has been cleared up.
The outage started with a failure in Research in Motion Ltd.'s European data center, and cascaded across the world.
blackberry, cell phones, business/finance
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 33 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 33 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos