6at4 Business Report: Starbucks, inflatinon, more
Americans' dwindling savings, inflation, and a kinder, gentler Starbucks coffee
Americans' thin savings
About 42% of Americans, roughly 2 in 5, live paycheck-to-paycheck and 60% of Americans do not have a "rainy day" fund to cover 3 months of unanticipated financial emergencies.
New economic data out Tuesday morning shows inflation is going up. Officials say you should get used to paying more for food: A bold new forecast says grain and meat prices will likely go up 25% within the next 5 years according to the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. To make matters worse, another analyst says cattle prices are likely to reach record highs in 2012 and meat production may rapidly decline after that, putting even more upward pressure on prices.
Mellower coffee from Starbucks
Is Starbucks coffee too bold for you? They are introducing a blond roast in January featuring a lighter flavor.
6at4, stock market, economy, starbucks, food savings, business/finance
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 18 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 41 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 53 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
53 min ago