Toys R Us to run 10 pct. back holiday promo again
WAYNE, N.J. (AP) - October 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Toys R Us is again planning to give its loyalty rewards members 10 percent back on holiday purchases made from Oct. 30 through Christmas Eve.
New for this year is a 2012 Super Savers Pass, which rewards members can earn when they spend $200 or more during the designated period. The pass gives rewards members more than $100 in savings, including exclusive coupons that will be emailed monthly next year.
The privately held toy company said Tuesday that its more than 24 million existing rewards members and new participants will be able to get 10 percent back in R Us dollars for each dollar spent on qualifying purchases. Shoppers can also earn holiday rewards with layaway purchases, but they don't qualify until fully paid. Layaway orders for toys must be paid in full by Dec. 4.
Toys R Us joins a raft of retailers that have unveiled holiday promotions to lure shoppers with the promise of saving money or winning rewards. On Monday, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced it would match competitors' advertised prices retroactively if shoppers see a better deal any time during the holiday season.
Toys R Us announced earlier this month that it was expanding its layaway program ahead of the holidays. This year, a layaway option will be offered on all toys, from Legos to Barbie, in about 450 of its 600 stores. The layaway program started on Oct. 15.
Wayne, N.J.-based Toys R Us said about 2 million customers joined its free rewards program during the 2010 holiday season to take advantage of the 10 percent back promotion. The rewards program began in 2008. Customers can sign up for it either in a store on online at Toysrus.com/Rewards.
R Us dollars will be sent to rewards members via email in January and can be used on future in-store purchases.
toys r us, holidays, shopping, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 38 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ