Macy's to open at midnight Thanksgiving Day
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Macy's Inc. says it will open all of its namesake stores at midnight following Thanksgiving for the first time as the department store operator becomes the latest retailer to expand hours on the traditional kickoff to the holiday season.
That's four hours earlier than last year. The Macy's stores, which number more than 800, will stay open for 23 hours straight and close at 11 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
Target Corp. announced on Friday that it was also opening its doors at midnight for the first time ever and will be offering Black Friday specials starting at that time.
"People want to shop through the night," said Martine Reardon, Macy's executive vice president of marketing. She noted the expanded hours were in response to customers' requests.
macy's, holidays, shopping, black friday, business/finance
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish