Target announces midnight opening for Black Friday
NEW YORK (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- As the run-up to holiday shopping intensifies, Target Corp. is saying its stores will open at midnight on Thanksgiving Day for the first time this year.
That's four hours earlier than last year.
The stores will stay open for 23 hours and close at 11 p.m. Friday, November 25. Target spokeswoman Susan Kahn said the change was a response to customers' demands.
Retailers have expanded their Black Friday hours each year recently.
The season kickoff overtook Thanksgiving Day last year, when most Sears and Kmart stores opened Thanksgiving morning for the first time. Toys R Us stores opened at 10 p.m. Many Gap Inc. stores were open. And Wal-Mart, whose supercenters already operate around the clock, opened most other stores by midnight Thanksgiving evening.
Target is based in Minneapolis.
target, holidays, black friday, christmas, business/finance
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 42 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 49 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
42 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
49 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
33 min ago