6at4 Business Report: Penn State Scandal
Walmart keeps toy prices low; CD and LP sales rise; Bad ad news for Penn State
Penn State scandal
The child sex abuse scandal at Penn State is now costing the school sponsorship deals. The Wall Street Journal says about a half-dozen advertisers have pulled commercials from ESPN's broadcasts of Penn State football games. The identity of most of them not disclosed, but one of them, is cars.com, the online car-shopping site. On top of that, pre-sale prices tickets to the Penn State game against the University of Nebraska plunged over the weekend by more than 20%!
Online toy prices
Bloomberg did the math, and Walmart may really have the lowest online prices when it comes to toys... at least this month. According to our analysis prices for a group of about 80 toys ranging from the classic Easy-Bake Oven to the high-tech Leap Pad Explorer are nearly 2% higher at Target, and almost 1% higher at Amazon.com. Walmart also beat out prices for Toys R Us and Sears too.
Physical Album sales rise
Finally, when was the last time you bought an actual CD? Nielsen Sound Scan says more music lovers are buying more full albums -- that includes CDs and even vinyl LPs and cassettes -- thanks to deep discounts and hot releases from the likes of Lady Gaga and Adele. They're also making Spotify users paying customers.
6at4, stock market, economy, walmart, toys r us, target, business/finance
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 1 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 32 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 33 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 34 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
32 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
34 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
33 min ago