Toll Brothers acquires Seattle area homebuilder
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Luxury homebuilder Toll Brothers Inc. is expanding into a new state for the first time since the days of the housing boom.
The Horsham, Pa.-based company said Monday it bought Seattle builder CamWest Development LLC for an undisclosed price.
Toll Brothers CEO Douglas Yearley Jr. says the move does not represent the start of a broader expansion push by the builder, which has operations in 20 states.
He says Toll had been eyeing the Seattle market for years.
The CamWest deal gains Toll established operations in a new market and a portfolio of some 1,300 or so land parcels.
Toll says the acquisition will add to its earnings in fiscal year 2012.
The company's shares rose 12 cents to $18.98 in afternoon trading.
home sales, seattle, business/finance
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 40 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings