Toll Brothers acquires Seattle area homebuilder
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Luxury homebuilder Toll Brothers Inc. is expanding into a new state for the first time since the days of the housing boom.
The Horsham, Pa.-based company said Monday it bought Seattle builder CamWest Development LLC for an undisclosed price.
Toll Brothers CEO Douglas Yearley Jr. says the move does not represent the start of a broader expansion push by the builder, which has operations in 20 states.
He says Toll had been eyeing the Seattle market for years.
The CamWest deal gains Toll established operations in a new market and a portfolio of some 1,300 or so land parcels.
Toll says the acquisition will add to its earnings in fiscal year 2012.
The company's shares rose 12 cents to $18.98 in afternoon trading.
home sales, seattle, business/finance
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
11 min ago