6at4 Business Report: Cofee supplies running low
Mortgage rates are heading down again, but coffee prices are going up!
30 year fixed 3.98%
Earlier this week, we saw an unexpected increase in home sales as home prices and mortgage rates fell. Freddie Mac said today that mortgage rates on a 30-year fixed loan dropped to 3.98% - the second lowest on record.
Nokia cutting 17,000 jobs
Wireless equipment maker Nokia Siemens will slash 17,000 jobs, almost one quarter of its work force, by the end of 2013. The restructuring will save them $1.3 billion. Nokia Siemens has struggled to make a profit because of competition from market leader Ericcson.
Coffee prices rising
It was nice while it lasted, but coffee lovers may see another price hike. The news comes as bad weather is damaging coffee bean crops from Columbia to Indonesia. As a result, inventories are being reduced to the lowest since 2000. Last week Starbucks raised prices in select markets.
6at4, stock market, economy, food, cell phones, home sales, business/finance
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 33 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos